Effective democracy in Rutland
- People-led planning - a Council that listens to constituents and takes account of their views
- Full and open debate - a Council that welcomes real scrutiny and independent opinions – decisions made by Councillors not just the Cabinet
- Decisions that are made in the interest of Rutland – not blindly along ‘party political’ lines
- Rutland County Council should not allow the Ministry of Defence’s financial greed to dictate our local plan.
- Recognising the uncertain consequences of the Covid pandemic on people’s lifestyles and work patterns – not committing Rutland now to a new town.